Hitchhiking Life

For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen. - DNA
Ramblings of a guy who is taking life as it comes.
Blogger Code - B3 d t k+ s u-- f i o++ x- e+ l-- c

Tuesday, January 04, 2005

History of TCS

As part of the process of preparing for my interview, I am brushing up on certain aspects of my resume that I am going to project in my apps. Facts and figures on TCS are my first priority now.

History of TCS

In 1968, Tata Sons Limited, the Tata Group's holding company, started TCS as a strategic initiative based on the insight that management problems in Indian industry would be mitigated -perhaps even resolved, through effective use of information technology.

Under the leadership of F.C. Kohli, TCS pioneered the Indian effort to create a globally recognizable brand for the Indian software industry.

TCS' first decade was devoted to establishing its base in Mumbai (formerly Bombay). Throughout this period, strong links with academia underlined the intellectual underpinnings of the consulting business. Professionalism was promoted through participation in the activities of professional societies, peer recognition and in-house training.

At a time when other cities in India had not yet ventured into the software business, TCS started "specialty centers" in Chennai and New Delhi. The pattern of best practices in Mumbai's and Tata's governing was replicated and carried forth in these new offices.

Through the 1980s and 1990s, TCS invested heavily in Software Engineering Practices and Standards, Software Quality Assurance, Software Project Management, Software Process and Allied Metrics, and Research & Development in Software Engineering and Software Technology.

As our intellectual horizons expanded, so did our geographical reach. As a result, today TCS is India's largest IT company, as well as Asia's largest independent global software and services firm.

TCS is the single largest software services exporter from India, servicing clients in more than 50 countries around the world. With over 65 offices outside India, TCS is now truly transnational in character and reach. TCS employs more than 18,000 consultants and serves hundreds of clients, providing information technology and business consulting services to organizations in government, business and industry around the world.

Over the past decade, TCS has grown dramatically, doubling its revenues every two years, and is on the verge of becoming a billion-dollar company.

3 Comments:

At 4:50 PM, Blogger -=!! ChI-n-MaY !!=- said...

cn i have sm more details of TCS ...regardin the Ethical issues and the polices ?!?!?

 
At 8:38 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Respected sir,
My self Ujala Cahuhan , I am doing M.tech from Govt. Engineering College Ajmer right now.
In My first dissertation part I have done the ""Analysis and Comparative Study of Various Standards of Software Quality Assurance "". In this dissertation, I have compared Two main standard ISO & CMMI and their comparative study.

In my second dissertation(Thesis) part I will do the "Impact of Software Quality Assurance Activities in Indian IT Industries".
I have to take ten top companies in India and see that what they are using standards for assuring quality of their softwares. how they use parameter(cost , security, reliability, productivity etc.. ) in their industry and check their software products.
I want to compare of ten companies at their each CMMI level assurance of their software quality product. I have to compare all the parameter of their levels and conclude which is the best for their industries. If you have better way to do this word then tell me and guide me.

I will be thanked for your support to me for my thesis.
Thanks & Regard
Ujala Chauhan
Email- ujala.chauhan@gmail.com

 
At 12:12 AM, Anonymous software test consulting said...

thank you for sharing with us your knoledge! it's very interesting to learn were it's came from.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home