Hitchhiking Life

For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen. - DNA
Ramblings of a guy who is taking life as it comes.
Blogger Code - B3 d t k+ s u-- f i o++ x- e+ l-- c

Friday, February 18, 2005

Hit ya Miss (Continuation of the ISB saga)

Had my interview yesterday.
Venue : ISB Hyderabad
Duration : 4:30 - 5:05
Panel: Mr Menon and Manu
To tell you the truth, I don't know what to expect.
The interview started with Mr. Menon and Mr. Manu greeting me and asking me to get seated. The questions were -
1)Tell us something about yourself, your family and what you would like us to know about yourself. (Was interrupted time and again during this)
2)O.k. , what exactly is Bioinformatics?
3)Some question on clinical trials and FDA approvals.
4)What is a placebo and when is it used?(Didnt look quite convinced with my answer. I am into bioinformatics and not clinical trials. I could answer that because I had done some reading.)
5)Why do you think you were made a team lead in six months(Cross questioning on that one)
All this while Manu was doing the talking while Mr. Menon was staring intently and scribbling things on a sheet of paper. Finally he spoke.
6)There are 3 stations A, B and C. Trains leave from A to C and from C to A at regular intervals. A guy at B boards any train that comes to B at any time of the day and heads to either A or C. But on analysis it was found out that 75% of the time he lands at A and only 25% of the time he lands at C. What could have been the reason.(I thought about it and couldnt find any reason as to why that should happen. Because his taking a train was a random event and in no way what happened could be explained. I said I dont know the answer. Mr Menon smiled and told me that he didnt know either. He told me to send him an e-mail if I ever found out what the answer was.)
7)Any questions about ISB.(I asked one and Mr. Menon gave me a convincing reply.)
At this point Manu intervened, just when I thought it was over.
8)Why do you want to do an MBA?(I gave him my reasons. Some cross questioning on that. I told him that technology was my hobby and I wanted to keep it separate from my profession, because I wanted to enjoy my hobby and not do what other people told me to do about my hobby.) 9)But, don't you think if you are doing what your hobby is, you are the happiest person?(Cross questioning on that. Didn't look convinced.) 10)Any more questions on ISB?(I declined saying that I had already asked my only relevant question. On second thoughts, that didn't sound polite on my part.)
11)Goodbyes and Sionaras.
Say what folks? I think I screwed it. I felt that there was too much of cross questioning.
Another thing that I felt was that, the people who were interviewing me hadn't gone through my essays. If they had, they didn't show it. Is there a trick here? The result of this was that I had to build all those points and hence couldnt present to them more interesting parts of my life. Guess, no use crying over split milk. I would suggest all interviewees be prepared for this. On top of it I was offered an on-site for one year at Stockholm today. I had to tell them that I have to wait till the 28th. I guess that didnt go well with them either. I am so stuck up!. I wish ISB gives me a decision today.

1 Comments:

At 7:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chill dude..and wait for the 28th to come. Were you asked anything about your employer and which sites or books did you use to prepare for case studies.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home