Hitchhiking Life

For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen. - DNA
Ramblings of a guy who is taking life as it comes.
Blogger Code - B3 d t k+ s u-- f i o++ x- e+ l-- c

Sunday, November 06, 2005

Two types of people

According to Earl Nightingale there are two types of people.

Goal People

Most of us are undoubtedly familiar with goal people. They are the individuals who write down their objectives and timetables for reaching them, and then focus on attaining them, one by one. By laying out a roadmap of future achievements in front of them, goal people give their creative minds a clear set of stimuli to work on. Their subconscious minds can then get to work incubating ideas and insights that will help them to reach their goals.

River People

River people, on the other hand, don't like to follow such a structured route to success. They are called river people because they are happiest and most fulfilled when they are wading in a rich "river" of interest -- a subject or profession about which they are very passionate. While they may not have a concrete plan with measurable goals, river people are often successful because they are so passionate about their area of interest.

River people are explorers, continually seeking out learning opportunities and new experiences. For river people, joy comes from the journey, not from reaching the destination -- exactly the opposite of goal people.

I am definitely a mix of both. I did a DISC analysis recently and found it to be true. I have a natural Influencer persona. I am not structured, I like to explore new people and possibilities and am passionate about certain things in my life. But my adapted persona is that of a Dominant Dictator. I like setting goals and working my way towards them. I am very demanding at work and continuously measure each and every action of mine. I am creative at work but my creativity at work is incremental. I build upon existing ideas and always have a goal in mind.

3 Comments:

At 7:06 PM, Blogger sumandatta said...

like abhishek says in bunty aur bubli:
2 kinds of ppl...those who serve tea and those who drink :-)

 
At 8:51 AM, Blogger Indian Blogger said...

How was the interview.Post the details.

 
At 11:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

accha hua ke nahi bhai , me mukesh here , just get some thing renewed ,
mukesh ,

 

Post a Comment

<< Home