Hitchhiking Life

For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen. - DNA
Ramblings of a guy who is taking life as it comes.
Blogger Code - B3 d t k+ s u-- f i o++ x- e+ l-- c

Friday, March 11, 2005

Kolkata Ahoy!

Havent been blogging too much. Yesterday, I decided to finally make that long deferred trip to Kolkata. Somehow managed to get two tickets. Man, travelling in India without intricate planning is pain. Maybe that is what this country teaches you. Nothing here is easy gotten. Every day is a struggle, with teeming millions competing for limited resources. It starts right in the morning with me competing for a little space on the road for my bike. Nobody stops to let you pass and you arent expected to stop either. Sometimes I wonder if we ever stop and let another person go ahead. I guess the answer would be NO. It starts with small things and develops into a habit in a while. Life here teaches you that YOU and ONLY YOU matter. Others are but merely impediments in your path. I used to hate these ideals, but over time I have come to realize that if you are swimming with sharks, you better learn to eat fish. Ideas and information are not to be shared. Plans not to be divulged. You are as good as what you know that the others dont. Well, I am digressing. Yes, I will be in the City of Joy for a week. Am waiting to get my hands on the sugary delights and the delicious Calcutta rolls. My mother and Priya are both excited about the trip, but for entirely different reasons. My mother is excited because this is our first trip to the city after almost a year of marriage. Priya on the other hand is excited about the sweets and the omnipresent trinket hawkers. As for me, I am looking forward to a change in my mundane schedule and a chance to start afresh after a long year of disappointments.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home