Hitchhiking Life

For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen. - DNA
Ramblings of a guy who is taking life as it comes.
Blogger Code - B3 d t k+ s u-- f i o++ x- e+ l-- c

Monday, March 21, 2005

Back in Hyd

After nearly a week in the City of Joy, I am back in Hyderabad. The stay is Kolkata was enjoyable. As expected my mother went into a culinary overdrive and I am sure that Priya and I must have gained a kilo each. Kolkata is a far cry from Hyderabad's glitz. The entire city is covered in layers of soot. The transportation is rickety at the best, with creaky buses and yellow taxicabs. The taxicabs in Kolkata are Ambassadors manufactured by Hindustan Motors. The design of the car is antiquated, and is copied from the Cambridge Austin. Life here is a bit laid back. The architecture is colonial. It is a city of extremes, with affluence pocked with abject poverty. The part I like about it is the food. I am a sucker for Rolls and the omnipresent Phuchka. Add to it the Mishti Doi and Sandesh, and what you end up with is pure temptation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home