Hitchhiking Life

For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen. - DNA
Ramblings of a guy who is taking life as it comes.
Blogger Code - B3 d t k+ s u-- f i o++ x- e+ l-- c

Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Mugged

I did it. I did it big time. I managed to get my two month new digicam stolen. The said gadget was lodged inside my unlocked suitcase, which in turn was tucked out of harm's way under a lower berth seat of the two-tier AC coach of Falaknuma Express. The camera along with the charger and four AA NiMH cells were neatly removed from the suitcase so as not to arouse any suspicion. Monetary trauma aside, the emotional trauma associated with losing something so new was immense. A lot of planning had gone into the purchase of the cam and monetary paucity wont allow me to purchase another one for at least a year. It looked like one of the passangers had filched it. It was a targeted job, because nothing else in the suitcase was touched(jewelry included). Taught me a lesson the painful way. India is not a safe place to travel, even using the best of means.

2 Comments:

At 9:19 AM, Blogger Indian Blogger said...

I just travelled last week in the same train and same class after my return to India. I had big suitcases and my digicam was in my pocket. Nothing was locked...Man,I think I was lucky now.

 
At 9:46 AM, Blogger Thoughtcurry said...

Lucky you!. Next time around chain everything including yourself to the berth.:-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home